Radiocommunications in the Caribbean
The Radiocommunications Agency Netherlands is responsible for the execution and enforcement in the field of telecommunications for Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius. You can contact us for information about which radio equipment you may use, licenses for the use of radio frequencies information on the import of radio equipment (customs), radio exams and submitting complaints about interference on or from radio equipment.
Tasks of the Radiocommunications Agency on the BES-islands
The Radiocommunications Agency has an office on Bonaire. From there we manage the radio frequency spectrum for all three islands by allocating radio frequencies, monitoring and carrying out inspections. You can visit our office for:
- Requesting permission for use of frequencies;
- The application to participate in a radio broadcast exam;
- Information about which radio equipment you can use without authorization and which you cannot;
- Information on the import of radio equipment (customs);
- Submitting complaints about interference on or from radio equipment;
- Submitting complaints about the quality of the services provided by telecom operators.
Radiocommunications in Aruba, Curaçao and St Maarten
The Radiocommunications Agency is not responsible for frequency management in the other countries in the Kingdom. These countries have their own agencies that take care of that. More information is available about this on the contact page.